We’re always interested in attracting the best and brightest talent. To submit your resume, contact Carolyn Caccavelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Associate Editor—The Journal of Family Practice
Main Function: Frontline Medical Communications, among the largest medical communication companies in the United States, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled recent grad to join its editorial team as an associate editor. This junior-level position will have proofreading and editing responsibilities as well as lend support to the management of the journal’s Web site.
Standards of the Position
- Edit several short columns for a monthly medical journal for family physicians
- Manage Scholar One, a manuscript workflow management system
- Proofread and traffic page layouts between the editorial and art departments during the journal’s monthly production cycle
- Identify content for sponsored (and non-sponsored) e-alerts.
- College degree required
- Excellent proofreading skills; knowledge of AMA style a plus
- Ability to accurately edit technical content, while maintaining a conversational tone
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent organization and time-management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work as a team player
- Knowledge of InCopy and TeamBase a plus